Sunday, November 8, 2009

I got it!!

Its funny how things work out sometimes. As soon as I posted about the amazing beater, my local bakery shop left me a message to tell me they had more in stock. Of course I stopped what I was doing and ran out to grab one. The one they were selling was a little different than the one I found online, but its pretty much the same concept.

I had no problems fitting it onto my 6qt Kitchen Aid, as it is the same size as my normal paddle mixer. Its seems to be made of a high quality plastic. The style I purchased has a spaulta like tool all around the paddle.


It was cold and rainy today, so I decided to test this baby out with cookie dough. The beater does scrape as it mixes, but with the cookie dough I felt that it smooshed it up against the bowl. Once I was done mixing it, I still had to go back and try to scrape it off the sides. I think the beater was created to use with thinner batters, such as cake mixes.

Oh and this is what you look like when you turn on your mixer at high speed with flour in the bowl. (I got a new haircut over the weekend....what do you think?)

Right now I feel as though I can't make a strong recommendation, because with the cookie dough it didn't really work as I had expected. Next time I making a cake I will try it out and see if it does a better job. I really want to like this, because the concept is ideal. Also, I paid $29.99 for mine plus tax..

4 comments:

Miss Dot said...

Haha! As soon as I saw the title of this post, I knew what it was that you got :)

Two things:
1. Yes, please try another recipe with this attachment and make a review based off both tries. I wanna know if it's any good!
2. Your hair is super cute! I wish I could do bangs :( I have a cowlick that pretty much makes fun bangs out of the question. It's a great cut on you, though :)

Jenn Erickson said...

Your hair looks adorable! That pic is probably a lot of guys biggest fantasty ~ a beautiful buxom lady covered in cookie dough! I jumped on my Cook's Illustrated online subscription to find the review of mixer blades that I mentioned. Their pick was the "Sideswipe Spatula Mixer Blade". I'm emailing you the review under separate cover.

sweetjeanette said...

Ok, I've just got to ask... after seeing your (lovely) shot, what did the walls look like ? LOL!!!!
I'm still giggling at this post!

sweetjeanette.blogspot.com

sweetjeanette said...

Ok, I've just got to ask... after seeing your (lovely) shot, what did the walls look like ? LOL!!!!
I'm still giggling at this post!

sweetjeanette.blogspot.com