Thursday, July 12, 2012

Vanilla Blueberry Swirl Ice Cream


I can openly admit that I have an addictive personality. When I fall for something, I fall hard and kind of become a little obsessive!! I’ve made ice cream a few times, but it was nothing major, until I got my own ice cream machine and become a full blow ice cream stalker. I’m kind of in love with ice cream, I mean full on FATAL ATTRACTION in love with this creamy crack!!

In the last couple of days, I’ve picked up about four books specifically on ice cream and have poured through them. Ice Cream is a fascinating creature to me. It’s a simple, but complex product that is created from pure and simple ingredients, but can be transformed into some amazing and extraordinary!!

Currently these books have become my holy grails.




They both offer so much informative information about the process of ice cream and the recipes…WHOA MAMA, the recipes.

Surprisingly ice cream is not that difficult to create; it always makes me smile when people are astonished at the fact that I make ice cream. Kind of makes me feel like a super wizard or something. Truth is, with good products, anyone can become an ice cream wizard.
The above ice cream was adapted from a recipe from from David Lebovitz's book “Perfect Scoop”. The recipe produces such a creamy rich ice cream. It took me all of an hour to make it and he hardest part was trying not to eat it directly out of the machine and actually being patient to let it freeze.



"Mixing the right things, the right way to create perfection"

No comments: