Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Movies + Food

I've been under the weather the last few days, so I've been stuck inside watching movies all day.
I know I am behind the curve with this movie, but I got "Waitress" the other day in my Netflix haul and loved it! I loved the creative pies she came up with and how they were wrapped around the drama going on in her life. I also was in LOVE with her diner at the end LuLu's.


It got me thinking of other movies that I love that deal with food. So, I compiled a short list of recommendations:

1. Like Water for Chocolate - is an amazing foreign film about Tita who is only able to express her passions and feelings through her cooking, which causes the people who taste it to experience what she feels

2. Simply Irresistible - Sarah Michelle Geller plays a non-foodie who has a spell cast on her to allow her to make foods that are irresistible. A common theme noted in most of my picks is the fact that whatever emotion the cook is experiencing while cooking, the person eating also experiences it.

Lucky for me, I've never made anyone weep from one of my desserts, but I have heard cries of joy (LOL) .

3 comments:

Miss Dot said...

Ooooo!! A foodie movie list! Do you have others? This would make for a fun weekend chillin', icing cupcakes, watching movies. Sorry you were under the weather :(

Holly Lefevre said...

The Waitress is such a fun movie. I was not into seeing it when we went, but ended up loving it. I am/was a wedding planner in L.A. Cute blog...going to check it out some more. Your cupcakes for the chic cupcake are fantastic looking.
Holly @ hip weddings and 504 Main

Jenn Erickson said...

Hope you're feeling better! Thanks again for sponsoring the cupcake challenge and inspiring a Kindred Kitchen Sisterhood! I love the movies you mentioned. Have you seen Babette's Feast? It's another wonderful foreign film that addresses the issue of the important role that food plays in community, tradition, and the pleasure of living.

Warm regards, Jenn @ rookno17.blogspot.com